I would like to ask you all a question,how do you all appreciate our independence day? I have been thinking long ago of how to get the spirit of freedom(semangat kemerdekaan).What i can see is whenever the day come,people will only proudly flagging the Jalur Gemilang.Maybe you can share something?
I had 2 test yesterday.one was okay while another was very unexpected.I know people don't want to know bout the okay one,but the unexpected one.Hmmm..the test was about reservoir.We(PE students) were very frustrated with the question.The lecturer taught us bout the memorizing part.But what came out yesterday was the calculation part which we didn't learn at all.It was like the question was meant for 2nd year student b'coz we are just in the beginning.How can she expect us to answer it.(i think,that's the first time i don't have a damn knowledge bout something,and then,try to answer it).
Hmmm,just wanna share with you guys bout what i heard yesterday from someone,the true hero is. If you wanna be a hero,you need not to do things for the people nor sacrifice yourself. The true hero is someone who can change people around him.
I wanna be a hero!!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
- Convosquare has been changed from v4 field to v4 parking lot.It is much better because people will have no trouble visiting booth without have to worry about any mud due to rainy day.
- The celebrity invited are, i would say more decent. MPP has done it's job by not allowing not-so-decent celebrity in terms of its attire i think. Luckily they didn't invite underground musician or else students will be exposed to Jilat song.LOL!!They invite Nabil Raja Lawak and M.Nasir.
- I can say that there are more booths than before.
- I would say that the main stage is grand if to compare with the previous one.
- At alaf21,Ramlee Awang Murshid came to UTP.(usually novelists come at bookfair,not convocation day)
- This year,my college is nearer to the convosquare compared to last 2 semesters.
p/s:wanna go there to have my lunch after this. Here are some photos(this is why camera is so useful,to snap memorable moment).
View in Mesra booth at night
Saturday, August 23, 2008
In the game
In line with Convofair '08,UTP held a 3on3 basketball game.I decided to join the game to gain some experience.This game is open to outsiders too.Our fellow friends from UiTM seri Iskandar also join the game.It is interesting,for me,especially, because this is my second appearance in basketball match.(after 5years i play this game).LOL..
They are all good players and that''s the reason we(me) lost 3games.(1 game win because one team doesn't show up).The first was 11-5,2nd 15-5 and the last game 7-4.
Eventhough i lost all the games but i am really happy to play it.
p/s:wanna go to convosquare after this...btw,here are some photos that i took.
This is my teammate.
Friday, August 15, 2008
"Katakanlah "Jika bapak-bapakmu,anak-anakmusaudara-saudaramu,isteri-isterimu,keluargamu,harta kekayaan yang kamu usahakan,perdagangan yang kamu khuatirkan kerugiaannya dan rumah-rumah tempat yang kamu sukai,lebih yang kamu cintai daripada Allah dan RasulNya serta berjihad di jalanNya,maka tunggulah sampai Allah memberi keputusannya".Dan Allah tidak memberi petunjuk kepada orang-orang yang fasik."
In this ayat,Allah has made us a list of priority.What should come first before another.
6.Cousin(what best to replace this word eh?)
10.Things that you afraid of losing.
After hearing this ayat,i suddenly realized that how bad i am when i always do other thing first than what i should do first.
For example, like in point 10. I always worried of my study,my grade,pointer and so on.I afraid that i would not succeed in my study that i have forgotten the first point.
Then, i have come to a conclusion on how to do the first point,the third point and at the same time,i can do the priority number 10.Do you want to know how??
It's all about niat(intention).Before study,we should set our niat that we do this for Allah. We should take study as a way of Jihad in Islam.Jihad is not about war.Even, the biggest Jihad is to fight our own Nafsu.
We would get what we intent to do.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Just a few facts bout petroleum that i find interesting to share with:
1. Oil will drain in years to come,but not so soon. It is because, these days, oil companies only managed to take out one third from the oil field. That means, we still have two third down there. I feel safe to hear that fact. Phew...
2. The largest oil field in the world is larger than Malaysia. It is in Abu Dhabi. Imagine, how many engines on road can be filled up in years. That's many. And lots of profit in it.
3. We can create oil. So, there would not be a problem when there is no more oil. Trust me, when the time come, no one will ever want to ride a car to work. The price of oil created is far more expensive than the oil we dig up.
p/s: There's more fact i think. But only these i managed to remember from my Thursday class(9-7 a.m)
p/p/s: I'm already busy been a student. Can't imagine how would my life be when i work as a petroleum engineer.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Bad things or should i say i'm not so lucky this week happen to me.
1. The day when i suppose to return to UTP, i decided to play futsal first with my Pasir Salak-ian for about an hour and a half. I was told that my friend could send me to KTT where my other friend,a UTP-ian live nearby there(going back to UTP by his car). However, my KTT friend didn't bring his car along at shah alam. So, i ask my other friend to send me at UKM bangi KTM station. He agreed. However,the bad things were, his car was out of petrol. We went to nearby petrol station first.There was a singaporean(i assume by his car plate) who sucking the oil like hell.(Does government allow this?). Back to the story. Then,my friend decided to drop me at Serdang KTM station because he got things to do.One thing i hate bout KTM is waiting for the train.(i think there's more than one thing i hate bout KTM).Guess what, i was late for about 2hours.
2. Another bad thing happen to me on Monday(the day after i reach UTP).Izaan had just lost his handphone last week.So, after class,we decided to go to ipoh to retrieve his sim card.We have approximately 4hours before another class start. That should be enough as going to Ipoh take less than an hour. However, when we were on the way to Ipoh,suddenly Izaan realized that his car was overheated.Luckily,the engine wasn't yet blown. So, we stop for about a half an hour to let the engine cools down.Pity Izaan,lost of handphone+engine problem=money flying away.At the celcom center, the staff have already gone for their lunch.So,we had to wait.After all the trouble,we thought that we wouldn't manage to attend DE class at time.With all the fussy in our head,we decided for 'The Mummy:and the tomb of the emperor'.LOL.
3.This one can be considered not to bad luck sangat-lah.I lost my first match in UTP basketball league.(my first time appearance in any basketball competition.LOL).Our team name is '69' which i don't really know what it stands for. We competed with a combination of foreigner+chinese+indian team. The foreigner(white man) can dunk!!My two shots were blocked by him even though i manage to slip pass through defender.Damn..In the game, i was given two free-throw.But,i only manage to get one in the basket.(i wish i could be a better shooter).Our next opponent is a combination of UTP basketball representative.oh yeah,we lost with 41-23.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
I feel like posting just to update bout myself.
-2 weeks in the new semester is boring.I have 4 subjects that require me to read(memorize facts) and 2 subjects with calculation(even though it is somehow hard,but at least,it is not boring).The boring-est part of it is there is a subject called 'introduction to petroleum engineering' where we have to sit for 8hours lectures(9am-5pm),and then,continues with 2 hours lecture of 'introduction to oil and gas'.From now on,i hate Thursday.
-Like previous semester,i live in village 1(the very same room) which i can easily go for evening sport and maghrib prayer.Talking bout sport,i am now attending basketball training(i missed the opportunity to match with MMU last saturday-so many good players).Tuesday will be my swimming day as monday and thursday will be my fasting day(looking ahead of Ramadhan).
-This semester,i don't know why i don't feel like i wanna join any activities,but somehow,i feel it's very important for my skills development.Now,i hold the post of head PnP for Karate Club(i just now know how to use photoshop) and AJK for lajnah ekonomi,Rakan Masjid.
I think that's all for now,i will keep more updates later.
p/s:i am now at my home(got tahlil 'ere).I miss my karate performance at MMK and my first duty as AJK lajnah ekonomi.LOL....it's okay.they'll know it.